Letting and renting a property can sometimes be a minefield. Most of our team have experienced it at one time or another. Whether it’s an individual property or a large portfolio, we’ll tailor our service to your specific needs, providing a knowledgeable approach to valuing, letting and managing your property to ensure that you are matched with a suitable, high-calibre tenant.
Letting a property
In a competitive lettings market, where prospective tenants have plenty of choice, it’s vital that your property is presented, let and managed in a professional way.
Pocock & Shaw’s lettings department has become one of the most successful of any independent estate agent in the area, bringing together thousands of landlords and tenants looking for both short and long-term lets in Cambridge, Ely, Newmarket and other areas of Cambridgeshire every year.
Our strong brand and network of offices combined with our professional attitude and down-to-earth approach has led to an increasing number of landlords choosing us as their sole agents, either for an individual property or a larger portfolio.
The team will tailor our service to your specific needs, providing a knowledgeable approach to valuing, letting and managing your property and offering relevant guidance on all commercial and legal aspects of the rental market – ensuring that you receive a good return on your investment and providing you with peace of mind.
In choosing to rent your property through Pocock & Shaw, we can provide you with the complete lettings and property management service, or just the parts that you, your circumstances and your property require.
- Full inspection and evaluation to prepare a detailed inventory;
- Property marketed through email, advertising in the local media and through our interactive website;
- Advice on up-to-date legislative issues;
- Comprehensive vetting and credit reference procedure for tenants;
- Monthly rent collection and transfer of payments to owners;
- Regular financial statements;
- Tax accounting (if you are resident overseas);
- Enforcement of your rights, including arrears collection;
- Advising on compliance with Safety Regulations for gas and electricity supplies;
- Arranging annual gas checks;
- Inspection visits and condition reports during the tenancy and throughout any void periods;
- Obtaining competitive quotes for minor maintenance and repairs and arranging for the work to be carried out;
- Problem handling and emergency repairs;
- End-of-tenancy inspection and deposit repayment (less any negotiated sum for dilapidation); re-marketing of the property towards the end of a tenancy term in order to minimise any void periods.