Renting a Property
Finding a residential property to rent can sometimes be a complex and stressful experience. That’s why we have a dedicated and proactive team, on hand to personally guide you through the letting process and ensure that you experience a smooth and professional transaction.
Pocock & Shaw let and manage a variety of furnished and unfurnished properties throughout Cambridge, Ely and Newmarket and the surrounding communities, bringing together thousands of landlords and tenants looking for both short and long-term lets every year.
Each property is personally checked to ensure that it not only meets all recognised health and safety regulations but also our own high standards of living. Likewise, to protect our landlords we carry out a series of background and financial checks on any prospective tenants. We will also require at least one full month’s rent as a deposit and one month’s rent paid in advance.
- Lettings manager to handle matters and arrange repairs;
- Full inspection and evaluation to prepare a detailed inventory;
- Full inspection to ensure that property complies with all health and safety regulations;
- Arranging annual gas checks;
- Obtaining competitive quotes for maintenance and repairs and arranging for the work to be carried out
A full copy of our rental Terms is available on request.
To see the latest houses, flats and apartments we have for rent go to the search facility at the top of the page.
To receive automatic notification of any rental properties which meet your criteria, please register here.
Fees applying to all new tenancies from 1st June 2019
We may charge a tenant any or all of the following when required:
- the rent;
- a security deposit with a maximum of 5 weeks rent, or 6 weeks on a property with rent over £50,000 per year;
- a holding deposit of no more than one weeks’ rent;
- default fee for late payment of rent (after 14 days);
- reasonable charges for lost keys or security fobs;
- payments associated with contract variation, at £50 or reasonable costs incurred if higher, when requested by the tenant;
- payments associated with early termination of the tenancy, when requested by the tenant; and
- payments in respect of bills - utilities, communication services, TV licence, council tax and green deal or other energy efficiency charges.
Referencing and Legal Fee for a Company Let - £600 inclusive of VAT
To view each office's Client Money Protection insurance certificate click here
To view each office's Client Money Protection scheme rules click here