1 bed Flat
Alan Percival Court, Chesterton
beds 1 bath 1

Key Features

  • Small scheme set back from the High Street
  • Living room with patio doors opening onto the communal gardens
  • Double bedroom
  • Bathroom
  • Off peak electric heating
  • Attractive communal gardens
  • 70% shared ownership
  • No upward chain
Alan Percival Court stands back from the road in a convenient spot just off the High Street in Chesterton, close to the post office and near a wide range of local amenities and facilities including a variety of shops. There is a regular bus service to the city centre which is a little over a mile away and the River Cam is nearby. There are riverside walks and a footbridge over to Stourbridge Common. Alan Percival Court is a two storey scheme of 16 retirement flats which were built some 20 years ago by King Street Housing Association. Occupation is restricted to those aged 55 years and over.

Number 5 is situated in one of the best positions as it is on the ground floor at the rear of the block and on the southern corner. The rooms are light and sunny, the living room and bedroom face south east and the kitchen which faces south west is one of only a few in the block to have a window. The sliding patio doors open from the living room out into the communal garden and has an external electrically operated sun blind and there are internal security blinds. The flat is equipped with economy 7 heating and double glazing. The communal gardens are well kept and there is a small residents parking area. The Peabody Trust has retained 30% of the equity of each flat and the purchaser will therefore buy a 70% share.

Any interested purchaser will need to fill in an application for for the Peabody Trust- we can forward this on request.

The property is leasehold and is understood that a new 99 year lease will be granted by The peabody Trust to the new purchaser. There is a service charge for general caretaking, upkeep of the garden, repairs, communal TV license, buildings insurance, management charges and water sewerage rates. This charge is presently understood to be approximately £126.763 per calendar month. There is also a deferred sinking fund arrangement which is payable by the seller of the property when it is sold. All the occupants must be aged 55 or over, there are no pets allowed without prior written consent and the occupant must be capable of independent living. The property is held on a part ownership basis, the purchaser will become the owner of 70% of the property with the remaining 30% held by The Peabody Trust. No rent or other payments are charged for this share.

Any buyer will need to register and be approved by The Peabody Trust.

Ground Floor

Communal entrance hall
with security entry phone system and staircase to the first floor.

The Apartment

Entrance hall
with cupboard housing the lagged hot water tank, wall mounted intercom system.

Living room
13'4" x 12'4"
with upvc double glazed sliding door and full length glazed panel to communal garden area, TV point, electric storage heater. Opening onto

8'11" x 6'9"
with window to side, good range of fitted wall and base units with work surfaces and tiled splashbacks, stainless steel sink unit and drainer, space and plumbing for washing machine, electric cooker point.

13'3" x 8'6"
with window to rear with views to the communal gardens, built in cupboard with slatted wood shelving.

with panelled bath with Triton T80si shower over and tiled surround, recessed display shelf with inset vanity wash handbasin, fitted cupboards over with strip light and mirror with tiled frame, wc with concealed cistern, extractor fan, wall mirror and wall mounted Dimplex electric convector heater.

Communal parking area (first come first served basis) Very attractive and well tended communal garden. Each apartment has a timber built store shed. Drying area

Mains water, electricity and drainage.

The property is Leasehold. Service charge £126.76 p.c.m.

Council tax
Band B

By arrangement with Pocock & Shaw
Floorplan for Alan Percival Court, Chesterton


Request a Viewing

1About You


2Select a Date

  1. This Week
  2. Next Week
  3. In a Fortnight

3Select a Time